Physically realistic, stable and fun vehicle physics in Unity 5
All the features from the Unity 4 version are being re-written to work in Unity 5.
Updates are coming regularly.
- GTA-style physics: fun and realistic vehicles configured for gameplay.
- Vehicles can be rigged and configured in minutes (video tutorial).
- Straightforward integration into existing projects: just drop a prefab in your scene and hit and play.
- Vehicle damage effects, including deterioration of handling.
- Multiple ground materials supported, including per-material grip and drag coefficients, ground marks, skid marks, smoke, dust, etc.
- Lots of audio effects: engine, turbo, transmission, tire skid, body impacts, body scratches…
- Built-in “Pause” function for vehicles without setting timeScale to zero. Perfect for in-game “pause” screens.
- Full C# commented source code.
- A single component VehicleController provides fully working vehicle physics.
- Additional features are optionally added as add-on components.
- Easily write your own add-on features by using the exposed properties and delegates.
- Custom shader for particle effects featuring configurable particle shadows.
- Fixes the WheelCollider problems in Unity 5.
- Garbage-Collector friendly. No GC allocations in runtime.
- Supports any physics timestep up to 0.06 for saving CPU.